a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, May 27, 2011

Love makes me SHIMMER

Today over at Blogger's Challenge we are to make it SHIMMER.  The one way I love to make my cards shimmer these days is to use some Shimmer Spray or Glitter Mist.  Super easy to use and makes such a stunning impact on your card.

When I created this card I had an anniversary or wedding in mind.  I sprayed my purple cardstock with some Sparkle Shimmer Spritz.  I chose to use the Letters2Color set from The{Stamps}of Life along with the Dictionary4Me set.  I stamped my definitions on cream cardstock and then stamped my letters over it.  I colored in the polka dots with a lighter shade of purples.  I cut the letters out and adhered them on my card.


The next thing I did was add a little more shimmer & glitz on by putting a pearl border, using my Viva Pearl Pen in cream. 

Hope you will join us by shimmering up your project and linking in below or on any of our blogs with your project.  Please make sure you link directly to your project and not to your blog in general.

Card details:
Stamps: Letters2Color and Dictionary4Me from The{Stamps}of Life
Cardstock: Purpilicious, VIP Purple, On the Catwalk Cream
Inks: Perfect Little Black Dress, Copic V04
Embellishments: Viva Pearl Pen-Cream, Sparkle Shimmer Spritz

12 comments:

Connie Fossenier said...

Love the Pearl border and shimmer on your card...nice to play along this week..
connie paxman

BarbaraW said...

Lots of shimmer and a cool perl frame. Great card.

Tina said...

hi there girl...o.k. just linked up here - not too much shimmer in my project but it's there. Hope all is well

Happy weekend

xo
tina

Laura Evangeline said...

Oh! I love it!

Marsha Fisher said...

Very pretty...love shimmer mist!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Gorgeous card! Beautifully created.

JP Card Crazy said...

Love the pearls and I can see all the shimmer, the fact that it is purple is a plus too!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great shimmer card- love the pearl border and cute sentiment stamp. {LOVE} the purple.

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful shimmer and lovely card!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

So sweet and simple, Kim! The shimmer is lovely! :D

Ida said...

Wonderful card. Love that you used Purple (a neglected color in my opinion) and I love the little dotted border around the word "Love".

Nikki Bond said...

Very cute! :)

{sMILES}

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...