a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Thursday, May 26, 2011

To a Deere Dad

Are you tired of my Father's Day cards yet?  I hope not!!!  It's right around the corner, can you believe May is almost over?

This is another card using the new stamps from Stamp N Plus Scrap N.  If you live in the country like we do, it's a perfect set (although hubby is far from farm boy material).  I created this for the Father's Day category on the Papercrafts call, which didn't get picked up.  I'm okay with not getting picked up, it is disappointing but it's fun to keep trying.

So I will join in yet again on Amber's Card A Day Reject Blog Hop, there are so many phenomenal artists out there!

I could have colored this, but decided to just distress it a little to give it that worn look and think I liked having to not color it all.
Thanks for stopping by to visit and come back tomorrow for the new Blogger's Challenge.
 


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Tractor 1 F3845 and To A Deere Dad Stamp X3857 from Stamp N Plus Scrap N
Cardstock: Kraft from Stampin' Up!, A Blanc Check, Espresso Your Style from Clear & Simple Stamps, Fine & Dandy True Blue from My Mind's Eye
Inks: Espresso Your Style and Dish All the Dirt Brown from Clear & Simple Stamps, Copic E8
Embellishments: paper piercer, designer mix buttons from Clear & Simple Stamps, distresser and linen thread from Stampin' Up!

5 comments:

TenSGal said...

Love your card! I don't know why it was rejected either...sometimes I look at some of the cards published and think...HUH???!!! LOL!
Love the idea of the rejection blog. too funny!!!

Glenda J said...

Absolutely brilliant! Great work!

Jane Wetzel said...

gosh,this is so cool Kim! love it!

Greetings By Chera said...

OH this is just adorable!!!! Very Cool!

Chera

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful father's day card. the Tractor is way cool!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...