a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Floral Orchid & Turtles2Love

Have you seen the new release over at The {Stamps} of Life?  If not, hop on over there and check out the Turtle2love-how cute is it??


For my first card, can you tell what stamp I used from the new set?  When I first saw this set I imagined the shells would make some great leaves.  So I stamped the solid shell and the turtle and cut it out to create the leaves on this orchid.  The orchid background paper is embossed with the Sizzix flowers embossing folder.

This card uses the MTMEPPS60 Sketch which I came across on someone else's blog and saved-like this sketch a lot!
***************************************************
Card Details:
Stamps: petals are using the shell in Turtle2Love and Flower2Doodle from The {Stamps} of Life
Cardstock: Old Olive, Orchid Opulence, Basic Black, Whisper White
Embellishments: Sizzix Textured Embossing Folder (Flowers), rhinestone brad, dimensionals


Oh how I love this sketch from Retro Sketches, think I've used it about 10 times already.   I love that you can use any shape or flower or animal to make this sketch work.
*******************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Turtle2Love from The {Stamps} of Life
Cardstock: Gable Green, Basic Black, Whisper White, Cool Carribean
Inks: Cool Carribean, Perfect Little Black Dress
Embellishments: Doodlebug Design Mini Jewels-welcome home assortment, dimensionals, twine



For this last card I went with a favorite color combination of mine, artichoke and hot pink, just love the contrast between the two colors.  I also used another sketch favorite on this one, the FTL190.

So many wonderful patterns to use on the turtles and love that I can create some backgrounds with the baby turtles.  
******************************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Turtle2Love from The {Stamps} of Life
Cardstock: Whisper White, Paint the Town Pink, Old Olive
Embellishments: dimensionals

3 comments:

Greetings By Chera said...

Those Turtles are adorable!!!!

Tina said...

I saw this set yesterday and thought how sweet is that. Your cards are genius - love when you can use one stamp for a totally different purpose.

Cool cards chickie...have a great day
tina

Jenny Gropp said...

Love that cute little turtle!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...