a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Monday, November 7, 2022

Sketch Challenges

 This weekend we had nothing planned and I was able to spend almost 2 full days in my craft room getting inky.  It was productive and my mojo was flowing pretty well.  I completed 30 cards (some were multiples) but was proud that I got so much accomplished.

Of course, my favorites are always sketch and color challenges as it gives me a jumping point.  

You can definitely see the theme of what I was creating (floral):


For the Fusion Card Challenge, I used the colors in the photo with the sketch to base my card on.  I pulled out my Simon Says Stamp Even More Spring Flowers and Verve Stamps Poppy Birthday along with some glitter washi tape and Teresa Collins Now & Then patterned paper from my stash.  I colored the floral image with my aquapainter and inks and embossed the sentiment.



For my next creation, which was more of a challenge because it's the Freshly Made Sketches and it's SQUARE which I don't do often.  
Again, with the floral theme and pulling out some of my patterned papers along with one of my favorite images from Taylored Expressions, Sketchbook Florals and dies.  I colored my image with my copic markers and added the little tag sentiment on.



Hope you've enjoyed the creations and appreciate you stopping by and saying "hi".  


1 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful floral cards!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...