a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, February 15, 2013

BC304: Cut It Out


Happy Friday!  This week I'm glad that Friday is here even though the kids are off school today.  We are looking forward to attending Cheersport Nationals this weekend in Atlanta for Sydney's  cheer team and enjoying the remainder of the long holiday weekend.

Today over at Blogger's Challenge our theme is Cut it Out (use die cuts or an electronic die cutting machine).   Mine is very simple today but hope you like it just the same.

This card was for my stampin' friend, Ashley who had a sweet baby girl in December.  I pulled out a journal card from one of my old Project Life kits and stamped my sentiment on it.

I stamped my cool carribean paper with the Animals4print stamp and then die cut it using the butterfly die from PTI.  I added some rhinestones to the body of the butterfly and drew the antennae and trail behind it.


I decided to straighten the corners of the project life card and adhere it using some washi tape.  I love how quick and easy this came together and how it looks.

Hope you will join us at Blogger's Challenge this week and show us how you rock the die cuts!
***************************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Animals4print from The {Stamps} of Life, Simple Sentiments from Sweet Stamp Shop
Cardstock: Basic Black, Cameo Coral, journal card from Project Life
Inks: Perfect Little Black Dress
Embellishments: Butterfly die from PTI, washi tape, date stamps


7 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Love your card. It's a great baby card. The washi tape is a cool addition. Why don't I ever think of Washi tape when I work??

TenSGal said...

What a sweet card. Love the touch of the washi tape. And a great way to use those PL cards!

Cocofolies said...

Simple but so sweet...! :) Have a fab week-end in Atlanta. Coco x

Anonymous said...

Love this darling butterfly and a great layout design too! :)

Gerrie Johnnic said...

So cute and fun,luv the washi.

Unknown said...

Sweet card. :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Kim. Love the blue butterfly and the tape.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...