a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Birthday Buddy


 This weekend I hunkered down in my stamp room and I created a few cards, most of them for the Hope You Can Cling To Challenges over at Splitcoast Stampers. I was loving that I finally had a productive night stamping but got so tired early and gave up.


This is for the first challenge HYCCT1101A  hosted by Lydia (Understandblue) to make a pink critter.  I also used the Skipping Stones Sketch #96 

I had made another card last weekend when I was stamping with Libby but didn't love it, so started all over again and really like how this turned out, simple but cute.



Card details:
Stamps: Birthday Buddies, Sentiment Sampler from Paper Smooches
Cardstock: Whisper White, Mauved by the Paparazzi, My Mind's Eye Lost & Found- Blush
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, copic markers
Embellishments: Designer Mix buttons from Clear & Simple Stamps, Spellbinders Nestabilities Circle and Pinking Circle dies, Pink Sorbet twine from The Twinery

10 comments:

Susie said...

Adorably sweet. I've been doing these challenges but now I'm begind 2 or 3. Must catch up today!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute - fab design!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

How stinkin' CUTE! Thanks for playing along with us at SSD! :)

Jingle said...

SUPER cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Skipping Stones Design!

Rose said...

Love your birthday birdy, very cute card! It makes me smile.

Wendy said...

Great card. Thanks so much for playing along with Skippng Stones Designs!!! Have a great week!

Stephanie said...

You created an adorable card with the SSD sketch! Love that little birdie! Thanks for playing along with us at Skipping Stones!

Karen B. said...

What a bright fun and happy card! I love how that bird looks like he's dancin' up a storm. Thanks for playing at Skipping Stones Design!

wendyp said...

Absolutely adorable! That bird is so cute in pink!!! Thanks for joining us for Skipping Stones Designs sketch challenge!

Suzanne C said...

Another cute card! Love the sweet bird!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...