a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blogger's Challenge: Sketch



Better late than never right?  I'm a bit behind this week from traveling for work and procrastinating, but I finally got my card finished last night.  It's one that is a little out of my comfort zone, but I like how it turned out.

This week's blogger's challenge is a sketch.  I'm usually all over these as they are my favorite, but Lisa loves her layers and this one stumped me just a little.  I decided that the sketch is my starting point and I took a few liberties changing the focal image to a rectangle instead of keeping it square.  I also flipped the sketch.


I first embossed my image on watercolor paper and then started coloring it with my Aquapainter and inks.  As I was going along I would wipe it off and put more color on until I achieved the colors I wanted.  I'm thinking next time I'd do the darker color throughout and a brighter color on the flower.

Want to join us at Blogger's Challenge this week?  Just create something with the sketch above and link in below with a direct link to your creation. 
*********************************************************************

Card details:
Stamps: Flower Sentiments from Inkadinkado
Cardstock: Stella Rose Mabel papers, Not Quite Navy, Watercolor paper, Creamsicle Cardigan
Inks: Versamark, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand, Chamomille ink
Embellishments: Designer Mix buttons, Creative Candy twinkle stickers orange

9 comments:

Velta said...

WOW! I love this technique...this is gorgeous girl!! The embossing is just what this card needed...gotta try this one...Thank you for sharing!

BarbaraW said...

Your flower is awesome. Love your take on the sketch. Beautiful card. Hope you enjoyed you moments in Illinois.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Kim. Love the delicate flowerstamp!

Anonymous said...

Pretty card, Kim. I like the sketch turned like this.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Kim! The embossed flowers looks wonderful! Love your take on the sketch!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful... love the embossing and how you've flipped the sketch!

Ida said...

This turned out fabulous. Love the colors/embossing.

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful effect with the resist and the painting over the resist flower.

Lori said...

Love how this turned out! The painting around the embossing looks great.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...