a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, January 23, 2009

Blogger's Challenge #83

Wow! I tell you I'm ahead of the game. I had my Blogger's Challenge card done early this week...now to get working on next weeks one!


This week our challenge was to use Red, Black and Kiwi on our card. I think Kiwi and Old Olive are sodarnclosetoeachother that it's very hard to tell, but I did use Kiwi on my card. I just decided to use some of my DSP to coordinate with it.


I chose to use a layout I liked of Cindy Lawrence's. Her layouts and cards amaze me and I find that I go back to her blog and look at her stuff a lot.


Join us in the blogger's challenge this week and post a link here, or on any of the blogger's posts or on SCS using keyword BC83. Make sure to check out all the other participants here.


Card details:
Stamp Sets: Eastern Blossoms, Just Rite Stampers
Inks: Old Olive, Ruby Red
Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, Ruby Red, Bella Rose DSP, Whisper White
Accessories: Large Pinking Nesties, Circle Nesties, Janome Sewing Machine, A Perfect Day Rub-ons, black brad

16 comments:

Lisa Bohler said...

Love the medallion look that the layout on your card has! Super cute!

Kerry D-C said...

oooooooh! SO pretty, Kim!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh I just LOVE this Kim! How wonderful this set looks in these colors. And what an awesome layout, which really accents your image so nicely!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great layout Kim, love the medallion as your focal image.

MJ said...

Beautiful! Love the stitching and the nesties. Great card.

Ida said...

Great Card! Pretty paper and nice layout. - Love the Die you used (I haven't got those yet)and I see you also did stitching on your card (way to go).

Lisa Martz said...

Very nice!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh so PRETTY! Love the stitching. Great job with the challenge this week!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh, this is pretty. The colours make this card. The layout is a nice one too.

:) Marcia

Julie said...

I did not even think of this DSP fitting the challenge. Great idea. Love the card.

Patti Chesky said...

The layout showcases the medallion perfectly. This is a beautiful card!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a pretty card Kim! Such a fantastic design! :D

Lori said...

This is great, Kim! I love the medallion you created as the focal image.

Selene Kempton said...

This is So gorgeous! Great Job!

Kristen said...

Kim, this is Sooo Pretty. I love the paper and the layout is Fab. Great card!

Nikki Bond said...

Beautiful! Love the layout and the DP! {SMILES}

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...