a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mojo Monday/Color Inspiration


For this card I combined Kristina's Color Inspiration Challenge #39 which was to use Real Red, Green Galore, So Saffron, Whisper White and Basic Black. I picked this floral image by Unity Stamps as I thought it would make for great flowers with these colors. I paper pieced the vase with some scraps from my Summer Picnic DSP.

I also decided to try Julee's Mojo Monday Challenge #70 and altered my card a little to make it a square 4.25 x 4.25. I *love* square cards!!! I think I could make these every time if I felt I wouldn't waste paper. The easy thing about standard card sizes and no wasted paper, 2 cards per sheet of cardstock.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! We have a light weekend going on (compared to other weekends) so I'm hoping one of the days to catch a decent nap!


Card Details:
Stamps: Fantastical Floral by Unity Stamps
Cardstock: Summer Picnic DSP, Basic Black, Green Galore, So Saffron, Papertrey White
Inks: Staz-on, Copic Markers
Accessories: Nestabilities

5 comments:

Yankee in England said...

What a fun card. Great job on the challenge.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Must get me some of those markers . . . :)

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Cute! And I like how you combined it with the sketch challenge.

Anonymous said...

Hi back at ya Kim what a sweet card...tfs ~Donna

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...