a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, June 7, 2013

Thank you flower


Today is the day of the new release over at The {Stamps} of Life.  There are a few great sets being released so make sure to check them all out, but the one I was most anxious to work with was the Sign4words set.  I love sentiments and this was right up my alley.

I picked these colors originally to make a masculine card, but ended up on a more feminine path when I added the layered flower.

The background was created using the Dots2love set and I didn't worry about whether or not I got good coverage as it was going to be more distressed, but ended up a little cleaner than I was planning.

Thanks for stopping by to visit and hope you enjoyed my creation.
***************************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Dots2love and Sign4words from The {Stamps} of Life
Cardstock: Whisper White, Trendsetter Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake
Inks: Crumb Cake, Color Box by Stephanie Barnard- Chocolate
Embellishments: Sizzix Flower Framelits, ribbon unknown, My Mind's Eye Boy Crazy Enamel Dots

2 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Very pretty Kim. That layered flower is beautiful. I'm off to check out the new release. I got 2 stamps from her during the show and I really like them. :)

TenSGal said...

Wonderful! Love the pretty flower and the dotted background. Great looking sentiment, too!
I wish SOL was coming to Scrapbook Expo!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...