a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Monday, November 4, 2013

Happy Birthday trio



Stamps: Numbers4Trains from The {Stamps} of Life
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight
Inks: Crumb Cake, Ranger Archival ink in Jet Black
Embellishments: rhinestones

I had to create some birthday cards for my stash and what better way to do that then using the set Numbers4trains from The {Stamps} of Life.

For my first card, I stamped the crumb cake ink directly onto my cardstock.  I tried to keep it pretty simple and just added a few rhinestones.


Card details:
Stamps: Numbers4Trains from The {Stamps} of Life
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Inks: Blueberry ink and Blueberry, Strawberry and Banana sprays
Embellishments: Sizzix Rounded Tags

This card I was preparing ahead of time, my little guy's birthday is coming up and he loves bright colors.  I sprayed the background with the Strawberry, Blueberry and Banana sprays from Stephanie Barnard.  The Sizzix Rounded tags were the perfect addition to this card.


Stamps: Numbers4Trains and Labels4Cutting from The {Stamps} of Life
Cardstock:  Basic Black, Fancy Pants Memories Captured
Inks: Ranger Archival ink in Jet Black
Embellishments: Labels4Cutting, Sizzix Banners#2, My Mind's Eye Enamel Dots

This card already went out in the mail, a simple card for my BFF who turned 40 last month.

Loving these numbers and know they will work so well in my Project Life album as well.




3 comments:

Kay Wallace said...

Hi, Kim, great cards--all three--although I am more in tune with the 40th card (or almost 70th)! Love the simplicity of the elements to allow the numbers to be front and center! Great use of both bling and staples!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

What fun cards, Kim!

I wanted to stop by and thank you for the lovely comment you left on my final Moxie Fab World blog post. I had such an incredibly good time in the Moxie Fab World, and I'm so glad I got to know you there! And if you're ever in my neck-of-the-woods again, let me know!

Hugs and loves to you, my moxie fab friend! :)

*Vicki* said...

Love what you've done with the numbers here! Fab layouts! ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...