a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

To Love and be loved


My kiddos are vacationing with their grandparents this week in FL, so I've had a few minutes to stamp uninterrupted.  Miss them, but am also trying to relax and enjoy not having to run around every night.

I love the Mojo sketches, always have, but don't always get to play.  This week they are celebrating their 300th sketch and have lots of prizes to give away and you can join as many times as you want.  I'm thinking I should have cut multiple ones in different patterns at the same time I was doing this card. Oh well!

 I knew I wanted to use that little flower from the Feel the Sun set and so I stamped it on patterned paper three times and cut it out to give it some dimension.  The center was stamped on the green polka dotted card stock to give the center some contrast to the yellow.  I'm so happy with how this turned out.
*******************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Dude and Feel the Sun from Verve Stamps
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Confetti Cream and My Mind's Eye Sunshine patterned paper
Inks: Dish All the Dirt Brown
Embellishment: dimensionals, distresser

2 comments:

Greetings By Chera said...

Love the papers and of course that sentiment!

*Vicki* said...

What a gorgeous take of the sketch!! I really want to try this one...love it! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...