a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, November 30, 2012

BC293: All Stitched Up




I'm hoping my mojo has come back, I've been productive in creating this week and can't wait to share all that I've done.  Keep your eye out on Monday for a mega post filled with LOTS of cards.

Today over at Blogger's Challenge our theme is "All Stitched Up".  This gave me a great opportunity to dust off my little Janome and do some sewing.  At first my stitching was not straight but I decided to improvise and love how it turned out on my card.

I don't think I had ever inked up my Botanical Blooms set from Stampin' Up! and thought that this set would be great for what I had in mind.  At first I was thinking a Valentine's card, but went in the direction of love/anniversary instead.


I stamped my flower image twice and popped it up with dimensionals.  I added some pearls for the flower center to give it some elegance.

This is for a few challenges this week:






Hope you will join us for Blogger's Challenge this week, can't wait to see what you stitch up.
*********************************
Card details:
Stamps: Botanical Blooms from Stampin' Up! and Mixed Messages from Paper Trey Ink
Cardstock: Basic Black, Dare to be a Diva Red, Gina K. White
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Janome sewing, Stampin' Up! Basic pearl jewels, Kaisercraft Basic Pearls



7 comments:

BarbaraW said...

Your card is so lovely. Love what you did with the stitching.

H2 :) said...

Wow, your card is fabulous, Kim. Love the newsprint background & the stitching. The single bloom is so striking housed in the central panel. Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players. :)

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What an awesome card! I love the stitching and the pop of red! The pearls are the perfect accent! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I just love this Kim!! Beautiful take on both challenges!! That paper is so awesome!! HUGS :)

Donna B. said...

Very pretty card Kim! Love how you interpreted that sketch! Thanks so much for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

anya said...

Just perfect for this week's challenge! Love that beautiful little flower as your focal image, and all the stitching. So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty - fab use of the sketch! Love the added stitching!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...