a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

GGSC132: Food



Today over at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations our theme is "Food".  Now who doesn't love some good food stamps?  Mine seem to be of the sweet variety though :-)

Kristen is also offering up a prize on the blog today, so make sure to stop by if you are interested.

I pulled out an old stamp of mine from The Cat's Pajamas as I love this cake.  It's not as easy to color as I thought it would be though.  I used my copic markers on it and then applied some glossy accents over the cake part of it.  I cut it out and popped it up on some dimensionals.

This sketch is from Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #168 which I was trying to use up some washi tape but ended up using more of the patterned paper instead.


I collected all this washi tape but never use it.  Wondering if I picked the wrong patterns/colors to work with even though I went with ones I liked?  Any great creations you like using washi tape, would love to see them?
****************************************************************
Card details:
Stamps: You Say It's Your Birthday from The Cat's Pajamas
Cardstock: Your Style Blue Me Away from Clear & Simple Stamps, Whisper White from SU and My Mind's Eye Summer Splash
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, copic markers
Embellishments: Daily Like Red Ribbon Fabric Tape, Hero Arts gemstones, Glossy Accents

5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such a pretty layout!! Love your cake and paper strips!! :)

Vicki Garrett said...

Bright, Cheery and Fun!

Jingle said...

Very cute card!

Laura said...

Great card! Love how you did the Washi tape.

TenSGal said...

I made a card with Washi tape the other day and there was only one word to describe it. YUCK! LOL!
But I love playing with it.
Your card is adorable...love the cake and the sweet way you colored it and it looks great against the paper strips. Very nice!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...