a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, September 7, 2012

BC281: Fall

Today over at Blogger's Challenge we are working our way into Fall.  With the temperatures cooling off (just a little anyway) and the leaves about to start changing, and football season in full swing-we start thinking of FALL creations.

I sat down the other night to stamp and was on a roll.  That doesn't happen too often and I'm hoping that tonight will prove to be another one of those nights as I have a lot I want to get accomplished so that tomorrow night I can work on getting caught up on my Project Life album.

When I think of fall, it's the changing leaves here in GA that really make the season for me.  I love the cooler weather but my husband reminds me as I complain about how hot it is that soon I'll be complaining how cold it is (there is not heating or air in my little basement stamping area).

I pulled out this gorgeous tree from Clear & Simple Stamps called Happy Fall.  I created my little strip by coloring various copic markers on a strip of paper and blending them.  Once I was happy with that, I stamped the leave background randomly on it to create my pattered paper.


I combined a few different challenges for this card- I used the SSD144 Sketch but instead of adding a sentiment, I added the cute little park bench with squirrel on top.  The Paper Craft's Gallery Challenge this month is the Natural Element (I used twine and twill ribbon) and the Paper Player's Challenge this week is to use Leaves/Trees.

Hope it's cooling off where you are and that we'll see your fall creations over at Blogger's Challenge.
***********************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Happy Fall by Clear & Simple Stamps
Cardstock: Gina K. Luxury White, Crumb Cake, Creamsicle Cardigan
Inks: Dish All the Dirt Brown, Copic markers
Embellishments: Memory Box jewel stickers-Halloween, twill ribbon, twine, distresser

13 comments:

TenSGal said...

This is just too cute and so Fall-ish! Love it!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! This is the perfect card for Autumn!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it:)

Ida said...

Really nice Fall card. I like the colored strip you made and that little squirrel on the bench is so cute along side your colorful fall tree.

Anonymous said...

Really gorgeous Fall design! I love these colors!! :)

TesaB said...

Ohhh, what a fabbie card! Wonderful fall colors and stamps, super cute little squrrel! Thanks for playing with Skipping Stones Design this week!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful fall card - love the cute image, distressing and added twine!

Megan Aaron said...

so cute! great stamping!

Stampin in the suburbs said...

Beautiful image and I love the card you made with it. Very, very nice.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely card Kim. The fall leaves and colors are so pretty!

Stephanie said...

Looks like you are ready for autumn! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for sharing in the Skipping Stones Design challenge this week!

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful, love your autumnal colours and gorgeous burlap ribbon and twine... so glad I found time to hop this week!
Alison x

wendyp said...

Beautiful card! Love the fall colors! Thanks for playing along with Skipping Stones Design sketch challenge!

Suzanne C said...

What a beautiful fall card! Love the rusty colors and any trees are perfect by me!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...