a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Congratulations little chick-a-dee


Had some fun stamping (for fun) this weekend and pulled out a few sketches and challenges I wanted to play with.

The CAS-ual Friday challenge this week is to "Strip"-Use strips of color or pattern in your Clean and Simple creation and I combined it with The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge.


I pulled out a few of my neglected images, the little Starbird with chick and used one of the coffee filter flowers I had made-I had a large circle of it left over.  It went perfectly with the Indie Chic Hanging Out Tape I wanted to use as my strips.  Really hard to tell in this photo but I used some tiny pearls on either side of my sentiment.



Happy Hump Day!  Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by.
******************************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Congratulations 9008 and Starbird with Chick 3059 from Stampotique Originals
Cardstock: Trendsetter Blue, Kraft Like a Rockstar and Gina K. Luxury White 
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Embellishments: Stampin' Up! pearls, My Mind's Eye Indie Chic Hanging Out Tape, Coffee Filter flower

6 comments:

Susie said...

Such a wonderful card. Great job on everything.

TenSGal said...

Love this little chickadee...too cute!

Karen B. said...

What a super fun and super sweet card, the circle really is a great way to showcase that sweet chick.

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Kim. Love the darling chick image. The colors are so pretty. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

Anonymous said...

Sweet chickie! He goes perfectly with those patterned papers :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jenny said...

Such a sweet card, the washi strips look great :0)
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASual Fridays this week :0)
Jenny x

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...