a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Have a Skatin' Good Birthday!

Quick post for me as I'm about to head to bed after this long holiday weekend.  We had a wonderful weekend-my oldest played some baseball and came in 2nd place at their tournament, today we spent the day out on the lake with friends.  Beautiful weekend.  This week is sure to go by fast for me.

Our challenge over at Going Grey with Scrap-creations this week was a kids card.  Going with my theme of trying to make more boy cards, I went with another boy's birthday card.  Our wonderful sponsor, The Wild Flower Patch has given us a few images to work with and I chose to use Skater Sage.  My son & his friends really love to skateboard so thought this would be a great one to add to my stash.

The paper I used is some old CTMH papers and I added a felt decorative label from Creative Cuts and More and positioned my sentiment over it.  I finished off the card with 3 mini brads.

Hope you will join us over at Going Grey with Scrap-creations by creating something with a kids theme and linking up here.

Check out the DT designs and BIG DT NEWS!!!!! Welcome our two newest DT Members Kristine Breach of Ink Something 2 & Marie Bridgeman of Cardmaking Bird. I am so excited to have them and WELCOME to the team ladies!




Card details:
Stamps: Skater Sage from The Wildflower Patch, sentiment computer generated
Cardstock: White, patterned papers from CTMH
Inks: Chocolate Chip sponging around sentiment
Accessories: small decorative felt label from Creative Cuts and More, mini brads

7 comments:

Lorie said...

Absolutely fabulous Kim!

Crystal said...

SOOOOOOO Cute KIm!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, great "boy" card, wonderful coloring!

Stef H said...

what a super card!

sounds like your weekend was spectacular! enjoy that rest!

always good to see you. thanks so much for stopping by.

hugs :)

Kristine said...

Very CUTE skater card Kim!! These images are very cute! (My 10 yr. old daughter loves to skate too!) *Ü* We also enjoyed last evening at the lake. Fished a li'l bit... girls played in the sand and water a li'l bit... perfect weather! =)

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm so happy to be joining you talented ladies at Scrap-Creations!

Peggy said...

Kim great job on this! Adorable saying. This would be the perfect boys Birthday card!

Jackie Randolph said...

Look how cute your card is, fantastic boy's card Kim!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...