a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, July 2, 2010

Have a Star Spangled Day!

Sorry I missed last week's blogger's challenge but I"m back and hopefully will be able to keep up!    This week our them was Patriotic, it will be a Patriotic weekend as a lot of the challenges this weekend are 4th of July related here in the United States.

I've been missing stamping while I've been traveling so I wanted to jump right back in.  My little ones are visiting their grandparents in Florida and my hubby & I are trying to enjoy the quiet time.  I stayed up very late on Wednesday night stamping and hope to do that a few nights this week and get "ahead" of myself.

I created this card using a background that I had initially seen on Jeanne Streiff's blog and then just recently on Tammylee Newberry's.  Although it took some patience to wait for the paint to dry,  I like the look of the finished piece.  This was on a piece of acetate and then I stamped the image on a 2nd piece of acetate and adhered them together with the brads.  I have another card to show on Sunday with this same type of background.

The background is created by dipping a sponge or brush into some Buzz N Magic Paints and then into my 
Buzz N Magic Powdered Chalks and then applying it directly to my paper.  I used Ultra, Crimson and Stardust powdered chalks for my colors.

The sketch I chose was from Sketch for You to Try this week, although I eliminated the 3 elements on the left hand size of the image.

This stamp was one on my wish list from Stampotique, Simple Stars-I love it and think that it would be a great stamp not just for the holiday but for any day because we could all use a star-spangled day!

Hope you will check out the other blogger's challenge participants and see what creative Patriotic creations they came up with this week.

Card details:
Stamps: Simple Stars from Stampotique
Cardstock: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Whisper White
Inks: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Fresh Snow, Stazon Black
Accessories: Ultra, Crimson & Stardust Powdered Chalks, Buzz N Magic Paint, Earth Elements brads, ribbon unknown

20 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Excellent!! Beautifully created. Happy July 4th.

Lorie said...

Wow, that is really cool! So unique! Love it!

Jeanne S said...

Oooooooooh! It came out pretty!!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

How cool! love the tie-die look of this!

BarbaraW said...

Very pretty technique.

Lisa Bohler said...

Your patience in waiting for it to dry paid off! Super pretty background and great card! Happy 4th!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful card, love the background you created! Happy 4th!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh, that background is pretty cool! Great job!

B said...

Love the tie-die look!!! How fun!

Unknown said...

What a cool technique!! Great card too!! Have a great quiet holiday!!

Ida said...

Great card Kim. I love the background - It has a "marbled" look that is just wonderful. Your stamp is really fun as well. Happy 4th!

marsha said...

Love your look on this card! Excellent job!

Hugs, Marsha

Alex said...

Great card Kim, love how you did the colors!! Enjoy your weekend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a great technique and lov ethe background you have created! Fun image and gresat sketch too. Have a fun but safe 4th

Lisa Martz said...

What a fun background! Looks like fireworks!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Great card Kim! That background is wonderful! Happy 4th of July! :D

Connie Fossenier said...

wow on the technique...is really beams off of my screen...A very unique and beautiful card for this challenge.
connie paxman

Gerrie Johnnic said...

That came out cool, a techie huh!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

I love the background!! What a great technique!

Margaret Raburn said...

Love all the elements on your card! The background is very cool!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...