a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

Today our list Mom gave us the theme of Father's Day.  I have to get my things in order as we will be away from my hubby for Father's Day this year.  My oldest son & I will be heading to New York for a travel baseball tournament and my hubby is staying behind for work.  Maybe we'll visit the Baseball Hall of Fame in his honor :-)



I used this cute little boy with star from Stamp N Plus Scrap N and colored it with my Copic markers.  I cute it out and used some dimensionals to layer it onto my circle & scalloped circle punch. The paper was part of a goody package I received for winning a DT challenge at Stamp N Plus Scrap N.  I love the stitching on it!

Make sure to check out the other blogger's challenge girls to see what kind of Father's Day goodies they created this week.



Card details:
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Accessories: buttons, twine

18 comments:

Susie said...

Great card. I like the stitching, too. Be safe and have fun on your trip!

Lisa Somerville said...

Super cute! The torn panel with the stitching behind your image looks great, wonderful coloring!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhhh this is great! love the stitching!

Tami Black said...

How darned cute is that! I love the image and it appears to me to look like a child who has done something wrong and is trying to charm his dad! At least, I've given that look before....

Love the details! Nicely done!

BarbaraW said...

Cute card. Love the background and buttons.

Stampin in the suburbs said...

This is just darling. Very cute!

Lisa Bohler said...

This is so stinkin' cute! I love the ripped diagonal background!

Crystal said...

EEEKKKK this is sooooo cute, LOVE this image, perfect for Father's Day!!! LOVE the ripped bg too and colors!

Barbara said...

Love that little boy image and you've colored him just perfectly! This is such a GREAT card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling image- great layout! Love the stitching-it adds a great touch. Enjoy your trip to NY- hope you get great weather for baseball!

Kristine said...

What a cute FD card!! =) It's coming up so quickly... I'd better get busy on a couple too! Congrats on winning!! And good luck to your son on the ballgame! =)

Ida said...

This is just adorable. Love the image, and the fun stitching element. Great card.

tonistamps said...

Totally cute Kim! Enjoy your New York weekend. Of course you should stop at the Baseball Hall of Fame if you can. Your son will love it!

Nikki Bond said...

What a great image! Fabulous card. {SMILES}

Jane Bosi said...

super cute card, Kim!! I love the layout, the image--everything!

Connie Fossenier said...

Oh my goodness what an appropriate stamp for the occasion...I love how you colored the little boy image.
connie paxman

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh my Kim! This is so adorable! What a fun image! Love the buttons! :D

Heidi Hihn said...

Cute card! Love the image!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...