a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Blogger's Challenge #136: Birthdays

This has been a whirlwind week, but I got a few minutes to come down and stamp a card I had in mind for this weeks blogger's challenge theme which was birthday.

At CHA I had so much fun seeing stamp sets that I peruse online.  Seeing them in person makes it so much different.  Working at the Clear & Simple Stamps booth was NOT good for me as I saw quite a few sets I had to have!!!  I fell in love as soon as I saw this stamp set, and even though it is not on the website yet, it will be very soon.  The possibilities are endless!!!



I wanted to accent my card with this cool flower we made at the Couture Cardstock booth.  It's made out of heart punches, a brad in the middle & then you unfold them so that it looks like a flower.  I thought it would be perfect with this stamp set.  I picked some colors that are NOT normal for me to use, but I had gotten some Purpilicious ribbon at the CSS booth as well and thought it would look great with the yellow...and I love how it turned out.

Hope you enjoy this card, and make sure to check out all the other wonderful creations here.  And keep your eyes open on Monday for the new stamp of the month from Clear & Simple Stamps.

Card details:
Stamp Set:  Fancy Wishes from Clear & Simple Stamps
Inks:  Eggplant Envy
Cardstock:  Eggplant Envy, So Saffron, Whisper White, Couture Cardstock
Accessories: Purpilicious Ribbon

19 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

What a gorgeous big flower!! And the yellow and purple are so luscious and regal!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautiful flower and love your purple card and ribbon! Awesome challenge card!

Lisa Martz said...

Very classy and chic! The flower is right in style!

Connie Fossenier said...

oohhh rimmin with class, I love the big flower and ribbon..great job on the card and so different.
connie paxman

Lisa Somerville said...

Great choice of colors, love the distressed Rose Flower as your embellishment!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Kim! Such an elegant color combination! :D

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautiful GF, and that is a very cool stamp! It was so much fun being your "roomie" and getting to know you! xxoo Gerrie

Nicki (CSS) said...

LOVING this card Kim, that flower is super fab. Wasn't Carrie Anne from Cardstock Couture so sweet. We had a blast - thanks for all your help at CHA. Big smiles :)

Anonymous said...

I *KNEW* I would love this set when I finally got to see it! :) It's GORGEOUS!

And I, too, did a little CSS shopping and picked up the SAME ribbon!!! :) I'm in love with how rich it is IRL.

And I *love* purple & gold together... they're the colors of my alma mater! ;-)

Claudia Perry said...

WOW - great card! Love the colors and the awesome flower. This is one that needs hand delivery!

Ida said...

Beautiful card. That flower is gorgeous. I saw one done somewhere using the SU Scallop punch but can't find the tutorial now. This one with the heart punches looks so pretty.

Selene Kempton said...

Your embellishments are rockin this challenge... the big flower, that gorgeous ribbon! Beautiful!

Lisa Bohler said...

Wonderful! I love how you used all kinds of different ideas from different places to make one beautiful card! Gorgeous flower!

Kristen said...

Gorgeous card Kim. The colors are fabulous and I LOVE the flower. Really pretty.

Simone P. said...

Love this card Kim! Purple is a great unused color..love it!

Connie Babbert said...

Very pretty, Kim...love that BIG flower!

Lori said...

Gorgeous colors, Kim. This is such an elegant birthday card! So glad I got to meet you at CHA!

tonistamps said...

Love that flower Kim! Great colors too!

Beth M said...

Love this card! The colors are so fun and the heart flower is adorable!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...