a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Fall Y'All

This week our blogger's challenge is to make a card with the them Happy Fall Y'all.

I love this stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps. The little trees are so cute and whimsy and there are endless possibilities to what you can do with them. I used the two step stamping process with the tree trunk on this one. For the leaves I colored them in mellow moss and then went over and shaded with old olive.

Participating in sketch challenges is probably one of my most favorite things to do, but I rarely get them done in a "timely" manner. I did loosely base this card off of Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #105.

So my Janome sewing machine is acting up on me and didn't want to sew for me. I spent a good 1/2 hour sewing on this card, but I love how it turned out, so it was worth it. Besides my arms/hands needed that good needle work out.

Hope you will join the blogger's challenge girls and show us your Fall cards. You can check out the links to all the participants here.

Have a great weekend and make sure to head back here on Sunday for Clear & Simple Stamps Winter Days Collection being released November 15th.

Card details:
Stamp Set: Woodlands from Clear & Simple Stamps
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select, Chatterbox Ink Meadowlark & Chateau Bias Plaid
Inks: Old Olive, Mellow Moss, Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Square and scalloped square nestabilities, Janome sewing machine, Antique Brass hodgepodge hardware

21 comments:

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab card....and I am loving your Blog...it is a real happy place...thanks for sharin :O))

Lisa Martz said...

Great card and I really like how you combined it with the sketch challenge.

Unknown said...

Love the quilted look - such a cute card!

Selene Kempton said...

I love all the patterns together! So pretty, great coloring.

Leigh OBrien said...

Very nice, Kim. Hmmm....I may even have some of the CB paper in my stash....can you believe it?! ha

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely- I love the layout and the stamp is awesome. TFS

Random Acts of Krafting said...

I really like this one Kim, I like how you used the hardware to frame the sentiment.
Hugs,
Tanya

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful choice of colors for your quilt panels, love the stitching!

Simone P. said...

Hi Kim! We are going to have a blast!

Connie Fossenier said...

Love your card...the stitching..and the paper..what a wonderful idea with this paper. I have a scad of this stuff.
Awesome job on this challenge.
connie paxman

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the quilted layout of this card, your dp and your fall image!!! Such beautiful soft colors!!!

Ida said...

Terrific Card. Love your tree image (fun and different)and the DP you used is gorgeous. Great layout too.

Allison Rankin said...

This is terrific...heart that paper!

MJ said...

What a fun tree, love your card. Great layout.

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

Kim, this is a great card - I love it !!

Have a great weekend.

Janet

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Great card Kim! Love that Chatterbox paper! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

Cool layout! I love how you stitched it all together! Adorable!

Nikki Bond said...

Very pretty! Love the greens and the blues together! {SMILES}

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute card...love the layout!

Unknown said...

Great card and I love that paper!!

Lori said...

This is fabulous, Kim! Love the patchwork background panels.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...