a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's Your Birthday

I made this card for a friend with two of my new sets that I received this week from Clear & Simple Stamps- Banner of News and In Bloom. I love both of these sets and I see so many possibilities with Banner of News.

I combined 2 challenges with this card and I tell you, I'm in love with this card and not sure I can mail it off to my friend, although I know she will love it as well...since she's the one who got me addicted to the stamping in the first place!

The first challenge was the Color Throwdown to combine Baja Breeze, Sahara Sand & Black/Brown and then I finally got some time to complete Mercy's Sketch Challenge this week.

I didn't to color in the flowers on this card as I thought it would be too much so I used my sponge dauber with some baja breeze on it, I think it turned out perfect.

Card details:
Stamp Set: Clear & Simple Stamps- Banner of News and In Bloom
Cardstock: Basic Black, Night & Day DSP, Sahara Sand, Baja Breeze
Inks: same as above
Accessories: corner slot punch

10 comments:

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

It's not MY birthday!!
But I LOVE the Banner of News set.

Nicki (CSS) said...

So fab! Banner of News is super fun to work withand your card is awesome with it ;) I can see why it would be hard to part with it.

Susie said...

Beautiful card, Kim. Lovely use of the color challenge. I've been eying that floral set myself.

Krista said...

Hi Kim, I love your card as well !

Unknown said...

kim...this is spectacular! love the colors, and those stamps are beautiful!

thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done an amazing job!

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Broni said...

Kim your card is beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown this week with us!

LeAnne said...

This is so pretty....I have seen those new stamps around but haven't tried them out yet....looking at this makes me want them more! Great job and thanks for playing!

Sue Lelli said...

Such a pretty card! I love how you used the square pieces of cardstock to "frame" your focal point. Did that make sense? anyway, FAB card!

Lori said...

Gorgeous, Kim! Love that soft color combination and how you use the Banner of News set for the sentiment.

Kristen said...

Kim, this is FABULOUS. I really like this set, an your colors are great!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...