a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Take the Tuesday Challenge #9: Cover It


September means back to school time and what a fun time for a back to school Take the Tuesday Challenge.

Do you remember how we always had to "cover" our textbooks? Do the kids still do that? I remember using brown paper bags, today I think the kids have really cool book covers to use.

This month your challenge is to "Cover It". I challenge you to cover some sort of "note book/pad". You can go with the rage and create a post it note holder, take a mini compo book and make a sweet cover, or even a calendar for all those back to school events to remember.

I had this little box with note sheets in that I've had in my stash for a few years. I decided to cover it with this cool paper, thought it would go great with the bird image.


Whichever you choose I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Post your creation to PCP with the tag TTC09 for us all to see.
Primary Stamp Set *
Believe in Words I
Paper / Cardstock *
Papertrey Select
Designer Paper *
Deja Views Summer Stripe & Dandelion Gio
Embellishments *
Bashful Blue Ribbon, Square & Scalloped Square Nestabilities
Inks *
Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers / Colored Pencils / Chalks *
B91, B95, o, YR18, E27, YR21
Type of Project *
Altered Project

7 comments:

rozie640 said...

Adorable, love that little birdie! I gotta find something to cover up!

Loni said...

I was a Yankee child by birth... I remember my first day of 5th grade just after we moved to Texas and the teacher handed out books and cover and then told us to cover our books... all the rest of the class was already half way done and I'm still sitting there going, What? you want me to do what?

Nicki (CSS) said...

This is super cute Kim, love the color combo - great take on the cover it challenge and so elegant.

Jen Tapler said...

This is adorable Kim - love your coloring on the bird!!

Maria said...

This is a fabulous little box! Nice job.

Kristen said...

Look at you with your fabulous coloring. The image is supoer cute and you rocked this!

Lori said...

How pretty! The paper and the image are perfect together.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...