a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, July 31, 2009

Blogger's Challenge #110: Sketch


This week Lisa challenged us with a sketch challenge, which I love! Anyone who reads my blog knows I love all sketch challenges. So, this was an easy one I put together a few nights ago, fairly clean and simple.I used some of the new goodies I received this last week. Of course I had to get the new Basic Grey pads. I thought this particular paper would work well with the bird from Believe in Words I from Clear & Simple Stamps.

The little bird was colored using various copic markers and the little button was actually ivory to begin with, but I colored it with my Y06 copic marker to make it a really bright yellow.

I'm trying to work ahead of schedule because chaos starts next week here. Football season is rearing it's ugly head way too soon for me. Practices for 10 y.o. begin on Monday, and this year they practice 3 times a week. Okay, that's not too terrible, but on top of it, husband is an assistant coach so that means me & the 2 little ones at the park for 2 hours (or more). And the icing on the cake this year is the coach & hubby are roping me in to being the team director since I'm at all the practices. I hope I can only live up the expectations that our previous team director left behind (she was the BEST).

So those who have kids in sports, how do you make it work? I work full time, will have to run get the kids from daycare and head straight to the park, then by the time we get home it's bedtime. I want to be able to do better than McDonald's for dinner 3 x week and am thinking I may be planning meals ahead of time, packing them for us to have a little picnic at the park while the practice is going on. I'm also hoping on walking a little while I'm there to try and lose more weight. Am I dreaming????

Anyway, check out the wonderful designs of the blogger's this week by clicking on this link. You will not be disappointed.

Come back and visit me tomorrow as I have a new template to share with you from Sue. Tomorrow is also the day the new Stamp of the Month and sneak peeks begin for the School Days Release on August 15th for Clear & Simple Stamps.

Primary Stamp Set
Believe in Words I
Paper / Cardstock
Cameo Coral, Papertrey Ink Select White, Night of Navy
Designer Paper
Basic Grey June Bug Collection
Embellishments
Earth Elements buttons colored with Y06 Copic, white ribbon unknown, Square & Scalloped Square Nestabilities
Inks
Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers / Colored Pencils / Chalks
Copic E25, E27, O, Y11, Y06, BG72, BG75, YR12, YR14

18 comments:

Susie said...

Beautiful card, Kim. Love the marriage of the image and the floral DP. Sounds like you will be a busy wife and Mom but I bet you'll do a fantastic job of it.

Lisa Somerville said...

Great card Kim, love your choice of DSP. I'm sure you'll do great as the Team Director!

Selene Kempton said...

This is super cute! I love that DSP!

Shona said...

Wow! Beautiful card! It is hard with kids in sports! I'm fortunate enough that 3 of mine are old enough to stay home and babysit the smaller ones while I'm running one or two to where they need to be!

MJ said...

Love this bird, and look at you actually listing the copic numbers you used. Have fun with the whole football thingy.

Julie said...

Very pretty card.

Connie Babbert said...

Lovely, Kim! Great job.

Patrice Pierce said...

Beautiful card! TFS

Patti Chesky said...

What a pretty card. Thanks for listing all your Copic color...that was very thoughtful for those that want to CASE.

Ida said...

First let me say this is a wonderful card. The bird image is colored beautifully and goes fantastic with the DP that you chose.

Second here is a web site that might help with some quick/easy to fix meals:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Simple---Delicious-Magazine

Lisa Bohler said...

That bold DSP goes so well with your image! Wonderfully done card, Kim! I hope you kick off the team well and don't have to punt too often!! I'm sure that's your goal!

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous card...love that DP! {SMILES}

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty Kim! Love your designer paper! :D

tonistamps said...

That's COOL that you can color buttons with the Copics. Love the bird. Great card Kim!

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

what a sweet card! great job :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Kim! Love the coloring you did.

I kwym about busy sports mom, my dd is at the ice rink 3-4 times a week on top of school and church activities. The secret is planning ahead like you said and sticking to your priorities. Saying "no" sometimes isn't a bad thing.....

Rachel Hope said...

Very pretty, love the colors!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Great card, Kim! The DP is so pretty and I love the little design on the ribbon.

Good luck with what sounds like a very busy schedule. My answer to meals--crockpot!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...