a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mystery Image Swap: Kristen Catalano

For one of the yahoo groups I belong to we do a mystery swap where the hostess sends everyone the same image and we swap with a partner. This month our hostess with the mostess was Kristen. I know she's a HUGE High Hopes fan so I figured we'd be getting some type of HH image and I was dead on, just thought it would be something so much different than Luigi.

I had this image colored to match this paper but the first layout I was aiming for didn't work too well. This layout is loosely based on Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #20. My image is a bit bigger than show on the layout but I think it works.

As I was staring at Luigi and trying to think of the perfect sentiment to go with him, I remembered my Lockhart stamp ....hot stuff... and thought "hmmm, that would fit perfectly on the chef's hat" so that's where it went. What do you think?

Hope my partner likes it and hope she has received it by now since it was travelling to CA.

Card details:
Stamps: Luigi from High Hopes, Lochart #10041, Canvas BG by Stampin' Up
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Chatterbox patterned paper
Inks: Copic markers
Accessories: Ribbon Punch, silk ribbon unknown

Don't forget I have blog candy to offer here.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Very cute Kim! You did a great job with a hard image to color. I love the hot stuff on his hat. It's perfect!

Vicki G said...

this is the cutest!!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...