a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #58

Loved this sketch and this card came together so easily! My husband is ALWAYS complaining I never have any kids cards for when my son goes to birthday parties. So, this new set I just bought called Hot Rocketz by Stampendous was perfect!

Pretty simple card using a scrapbooking kit I had from CTMH called Building Blocks. I have a ton of these kits but I don't scrapbook hardly every anymore so I will rummage through now and then to use some of the paper. I forgot about all the sticker sheets that come with the kit until I went through the stash a little more AFTER my cards was finished.

I practiced more with my copics and told my friend Kerry I really need to add more colors to my collection. I was showing this card to a friend who came over for dinner tonight (a different friend than Kerry) who originally got me stamping years ago and she was laughing at all the stamp stuff I now have. She sarcastically asked if I was glad she got me hooked. I laughed...in a way I am, but I can never afford all the stamping stuff I want :-)

Check out MJ's site for all the other cool cards the girls are creating with this sketch.

7 comments:

MJ said...

Very cute, you did a great job with the Copics. I too always seem to need more kid cards. Thanks so much for playing along Kim. Love this card.

Lisa Bohler said...

This is darling! For a teacher, I am terrible at getting kid cards done!!! I'll have to case this one!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute kids card!

Kerry D-C said...

Great card for the kiddos! more stuff! we all need MORE STUFF!

Mandy said...

Hi, Kim! Love the card!! :) The colors are SO cute!! I saw that you'd send a card for Elizabeth, but I don't have your e-mail address... E-mail me at mandy@limelightpapercrafts.com, and I'll send you my addy! THANKS!! You are the best!!

CWheat said...

Too cute! I never have "kid cards" on hand either! Thanks for the idea! I love this card for boys!!
Colleen

Anonymous said...

VERY cute. I love the planet in one of the circles. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...