a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Monday, January 27, 2020

Back in the Groove

Well hello, my friends who may still be following my lonely little blog.  I know it's been a while since I've posted here, but I think I've finally got my groove back.

I've been on a creating frenzy over the last 2 months or so, trying to use up some of my 30+ packs of 6 x 6 patterned paper.  I came across this fantastic blog called The Best Things in life are pink and tried my hand at one of them which I have been posting on Instagram.  I had fun and found it forced me to use paper I've had sitting around and I loved the cards that I made with them.

For this first card, I tried my hand at the Freshly Made Sketches 419, I love sketches as my starting point and go back to FMS ones all the time.  I added some 3D Crystal Lacquer on the fish although it was hard to capture on this card.


I used the Authentique Fresh patterned paper and Memory Box Fish Tales Shadow on both of my cards.  For my second card, I went back to a favorite sketch blog-MojoMonday 529 although I screwed up my measurements a bit on this one, I still like the outcome.  I also used the 3D Crystal Lacquer to make the fish bubbles.



Those who have followed me over the years know I'm pretty clean & simple style.  Sometimes I don't even use embellishments, but I'm happy with that and crafting is a stress reliever that I'm finding my way back into and loving it.

So be patient, I may not blog a lot still but I am going to make an effort to share more of what I make no matter how old the sets I use are.  I know my blog needs a major overhaul so if anyone knows someone that does this, please send me their info-I may need to get it updated soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by!


1 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...