a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Just a Note









The other night I was quite inspired to craft and my hubby took charge of the kiddos and let me escape for a few hours down to craft.

I had ordered this little card kit from Mish Mash's little shop and went to work creating with the supplies.  I ended up making 6 cards in which I'll share 2 today and the rest over the next week or so.

For my card above I used the SFYTT for January-didn't get it posted on my blog in time to play along but still had fun using it.


For my next card I channeled my out of the box thinking and inspiration from a fellow stamper who's style I've admired for a long time and she's been so supportive in making me stretch out of the norm for me.  Monika Davis has some of the most amazing creations and I was really drawn to this card and her "clustering" of elements.  While I didn't quite capture it as well on my first try I'll definitely be attempting it again.

Again, I used the elements from Mish Mash's shop on my card and I used theVerve set Take Note to stamp the tag with some typewriter font.  Love how these cards turned out and that's not often I'm feeling that way.  For the string circle, I actually cut off the string that was on the tag, colored it with my copic which stiffened it just a little.


Thanks for stopping by to check out my creations!
*****************************************************
Card details #1:
Stamps: Sentiment Sampler from Paper Smooches
Paper: Basic Gray, Chickaniddy Crafts-Date Night, Creamsicle Cardigan
Ink: Basic Gray
Accessories: Washi Tape, Scalloped Square Nestabilities, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack from SU, Instagram photo courtesy of Michelle Wooderson, brads

Card details #2:
Stamps: Take Note from Verve Stamps
Paper: Basic Gray, Chickaniddy Crafts-Date Night, Creamsicle Cardigan
Ink: Basic Gray, Apricot Appeal
Accessories: Lace Ribbon, Scalloped Square Nestabilities, Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack from SU, Instagram photo courtesy of Michelle Wooderson, brads

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...