a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

SDC106: New Adventures




Sarinda is our host over at the Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week and her theme is New Adventures.  

For my card I used Viking Girl to create a scene of adventures in the sea.  I watercolored her with my inks and then for my waves I used some IMAGINE Crafts® GooseBumps™ Texture Spray to give it a shiny look.

My sun is hand drawn, this is all a new adventure for me drawing my own images, but think it worked out pretty good with the Viking Girl.

Hope you all will join us over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge and show us your New Adventures.
****************************************************
Card details:
Cardstock: Confetti White
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, various inks
Embellishments: IMAGINE Crafts® GooseBumps™ Texture Spray

13 comments:

Susie said...

Wonderful design work on an adorable card.

Greetings By Chera said...

Shes cute! love the waves!

Kaz said...

This card is gorgeous Kim, you definitely need to do more drawing on your cards. I thought the sun was from a stencil! xxx

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card!

TenSGal said...

Love your little Viking Girl....such pretty coloring...and I LOVE your sun! Well done! too cute!!!

Looking forward to catching up with you!

Susan

*Vicki* said...

Hi Kim! Love your coloring on that image! Very cool idea! :)

Stef H said...

fabulous! love that sun!

hugs :)

france papillon said...

I didn't even knew there was a Viking girl stamp and now... i want one!
that's what you get from looking at such cute cards!

xx
france

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Simply a beauty!!! XOXO

Sam & Poppy said...

Love this Kim, so sweet :) xxx

Cocofolies said...

I love your card Kim... Your viking girl is super cute, and your waves and hand-drawn sun are just fantastic !!! Have a good week-end, Coco x

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a sweet card Kim. love the cute image and the fun colors. The textures look great! Enjoy your weekend girlie!

Words and Pictures said...

Love her so alone and brave on her new adventure!
Alison x

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...