a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Sunday, April 29, 2012

This Mum's for You!


Just a super quick post this morning to share a card I created this weekend for the current CAS-ual Friday challenge to use flowers or trees and The Play Date Cafe Challenge to use the colors dusk, magenta and seedling.


For my card I used Jen Del Muro's Go To Sketch as I thought it would be perfect to showcase the Mums from the Mum2stamp set from The {Stamps} of Life.

I used a new embossing folder I received, which I love how deep it embosses on my cardstock- the Butterflies & Flowers Textured Impressions Embossing Folders from Sizzix-loving these and need to try some fun techinques with them soon (hard to see in the picture, but if you enlarge it should be better).  The fabulous thing about these two folders is they have coordinating stamp sets to go with them.


I apologize that my white is a little off balance-one of the things I need to work on with my photography, but wanted to get my post up before the kids started going wild for the day.  I've enjoyed a good hour down here editing some pictures and they have been great.  Now to get them going for the day as we'll be enduring another afternoon of baseball (and dirt for the 2 younger ones).

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday and thanks for stopping by!
******************************************************
Card details:
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron, Whisper White, Going Gray, Teresa Collins Carolina Breeze
Inks: Such a Gray-cious Host from Clear & Simple Stamps

5 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Hi Kim! Your card is very pretty! I love that flower!!!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful use of the colors. Love the embossed panel. Oh... you brought back some memories with the comment of the dirt with the younger ones. :) At the baseball games!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SOOOO fun! I love the "This Mum's for YOU!"---I might have to steal that sentiment! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

Great embossed panel and use of these colors:) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Laurie said...

Kim this is really pretty! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Suzanne C said...

Another beautiful flowery combination!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...