a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Brenna name frame


I had to get a birthday frame done for my goddaughter this week and hoping to get it off in the mail tomorrow, so I won't be too late to get it to her. I made her sister one here when she was born. Since Brenna is going to be 5 this year and is a little bit older than her sister I wanted to make her a frame that she could hold on to for awhile.

I also wanted to make it fairly simple as I used this cute frame I've had in my stash for a very long time. I used some of my Basic Grey patterned paper (Pink Lemonade) along with 2 sets I thought would be cute (Kim Hughes' Little Gal and SU's Bud Basics).


For Brenna's name part I used my new stamp set from Clear & Simple Stamps called Alpha Modern which was just released. Can I tell you I *love* this stamp set??? It's perfect for making little frames, tags, etc. It also goes well with it's "sister" set which is the mini version of Alpha Modern, called Bitty Alpha Modern.

I stamped her name in Regal Rose on some Medivial Fabriano and then frayed it a little before I mounted it on a little piece of Pink Lemonade, after I punched it with my Martha Stewart punch.

On the bottom frame, I stamped the butterfly from Little Gal on Regal Rose cardstock and then again on a piece of vellum cardstock. I stitched a few lines up the middle of the butterfly with my sewing machine and then cut both butterflies out. I bent up the wings a bit to make them stick up in the frame.

Hoping Brenna has a very Happy Birthday and enjoys her name frame!

I'll be back next week with my Blogger's Challenge card but you can check out all the challenger's by clicking here.

5 comments:

Susie said...

What a wonderful, wonderful gift. It's beautiful. A precious keepsake.

Luv 2 Cre8 With U said...

Beautiful! I love the colors. They are so soft. This is such a great gift to give. I am sure she will love it.

Kerry D-C said...

Wowzers!! Kim, this is beautiful!

Allison Rankin said...

Loves it! Want to make three now for my WJs!

Kristen said...

Kim, this is beautiful. Stunning. Fabulous job!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...