a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

SDC283: Anything but a card


Ohhh, this week over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge we were given a difficult challenge for me-Anything BUT a card.  I don't know why I always find that challenge a doozy, and this week was no exception.

I had some ideas in mind but then I decided at the last minute to change it up.  I always love to decorate things that I can display.  I had some large wooden paperclips that I hadn't used and wanted something to display my new family photo.

I grabbed a few of my all time favorite stamps and went to work.  First, I created a background strip for the paperclip using the Honeycomb Background 8116.  I stamped the Big Bee 3008 twice, once on white cardstock which I colored with my copic markers and then again on some vellum cardstock which I cut out to create some iridescent bee wings.

I then stamped the Medium Bee 3000 and cut it out to adhere to the top as if he were flying right off my paperclip.  There was a little open space so decided a sentiment of some kind was in order.  Since there wasn't a ton of space, I created something using my Typewriter alpha 10018.


Hope you have enjoyed my creations each week as much as I enjoyed being a guest designer for Stampotique Designer's Challenge.   Jump on over and join us by thinking outside the box and creating Anything but a card.

1 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

I hope you will get back to crafting soon Kim! What a cute clip! Love the bee theme! The polka dot background is perfect. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...