a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

SDC188: Favorite Background Technique

Nellie van Leeuwen is our hostess this week at Stampotique Designer's Challenge and she's got us breaking out our techniques:

What's your favorite technique to make backgrounds?  I love making backgrounds with distress ink on a craft sheet.  I use distress ink, memento, brusho's, distress stains, whatever I feel like working with. Quick and easy and a different and surprising result every time.

So, I'm going to admit know I'm not a technique stamper so I don't have a favorite but I decided to try my hand at using some untouched masks I had, so I sprayed my background with my mister colored with a few drops of ink and then laid my mask down and sponged the color on it.

It's pretty simple but I love how it ended up-just my style I think!


I also used the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #261 with this card, worked so well with it.


*********************************
Card details:
Stamps:  10004 You're Strong and 10034 Majestic Tree from Stampotique Originals




8 comments:

Kaz said...

Love this Kim, you should use your masks more!!! xxx

Claudine said...

The result you have achieved is perfect, love that tree stamp!!

Vera Lane Studio said...

Stunning card Kim!

Anonymous said...

Fab card Kim! Love how you used the mask!

Unknown said...

Completely Lovely card, Kim! I've got a couple of masks that I have never used--Now, you've got me wondering about them...Hmmmm... :) :) XOXO-Shari

Sam & Poppy said...

Totally gorgeous and inspirational Kim :)

Sue said...

This is lovely Kim, not a mask that I would have thought of using with this stamp but it looks wonderful and your colours are always spot on xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Kim. Love that tree image with the stenciled background. The earth tones are really nice.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...