a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Birthday Fishes


This took me a few times to get it to look like I was imagining in my head.  I saw this sketch at Freshly Made Sketches #169 and thought it looked like a fishbowl and these images came to mind.

This is for a birthday card swap I'm doing with a friend (we were both creating 5 different cards to swap).  I'm always in need of birthday cards and miss swapping with people.  

I used the Pink Paislee Color Wash set to create my water background.

Thanks for stopping by to visit!
*************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Briny Blue and Birthday Buddies from Paper Smooches, Color Wash from Pink Paislee
Cardstock: Cool Caribbean, Early Espresso, Whisper White
Inks: Marina Mist, Bermuda Bay, Cool Carribean
Embellishments: buttons, twine, tiny bubbles cuttlebug folder


2 comments:

massofhair said...

Oh I like this card a LOT Kim, it has lovely colors and shapes, the sentiment made me smile it is fabulous:-) xxx

Kay Wallace said...

You stayed true to the sketch, but added your personal touch, Kim! Love the stamp, of course!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...