a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, January 23, 2015

BC403: By The Sea


Today our blogger's challenge theme is "By the Sea".  I'd love to be by the sea right now as it's cold here in GA and even thought there is sun...it's not warm enough for me.

I've just recently participated in a Birthday Card swap with a friend and decided I needed to create some masculine cards which I don't do often enough...I really don't have a lot of masculine sets.

I stamped these surfboards onto some patterned papers and cut them out.  The little sponged and distressed cardstock hopefully looks like a sand pile :-)

This was the most recent Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #252 I used as well.


Hope you will join us at Blogger's Challenge and show us what you've got "by the sea"!
**************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Relax from Verve Stamps, From Us by Simon Says Stamp
Cardstock: Sahara Sand, My Minds Eye Fine & Dandy True Blue
Inks: Chocolate Chip
Embellishments: Circle punches


4 comments:

Stef H said...

this is great! love those surfboards. that's not an image you see too much of!

temps above freezing, but yep, i'm with you... still too cold for me.

stay warm and have a great weekend! thanks so much for dropping by!

hugs :)

Vicki G said...

SO sweet! I will be by the sea in just four more sleeps. Love the colours and the layout of your card xo

massofhair said...

FANTASTIC fun male card Kim, love the surfboards really different :-) xxx

Patricia Chalas said...

your card is so cute! lovely combination of papers...

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...