a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Monday, October 24, 2011

Birthday Fishes

This card was created for a Paper Crafts publications submission using one of their sketches.  While it didn't get picked up, I still liked how it turned out and these 2 colors together.

I think I gave it to my son for his birthday and so then I display it on MY display board in my office along with all the other wonderful cards I've received from friends :-)

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Birthday Buddies from Paper Smooches
Cardstock: Rustic Cream by Papertrey Ink, Perfect Plum from SU!
Inks: Perfect Little Black Dress from Clear & Simple Stamps, Copicx V12, V17, E81, 0 and BG53 Embellishments: Lilac & Carribean twine from The Twinery, dimensionals from SU!
******************************************************
I don't think I ever shared on here my card that did get accepted into one of the Paper Crafts publications.  It's been the one and only so far, but that has not stopped me from trying.  I've had so many wonderful friends encouraging me at all times, and I figure one day another will be accepted.


This card was done using one of the sketches in the Paper Crafts Card Ideas for Paper Crafters special issue and I was thrilled to see it in there.  Sketches are my favorite and so these issues are some of my go-to's when I'm in a stamping slump.

Hope your Monday is great!  Our weekend ended on a great note, with a 2nd place in a baseball tournament and we did lose at basketball-but we made it to double digits this week (11 yr old team playing against 12 yr old teams) so we were thrilled.  We need a BIG win tonight over a protested football game so it'll be an exciting evening.

6 comments:

Susie said...

Totally love that fishes card. Congrats on being published, too. That's really awesome, Kim.

Anonymous said...

Love the fish!! Such a sweet card hun! :)

Kaz said...

Kim I love those fishes, they are perfect for a boys card. Well done on getting published too xx

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a fun Fish card! BIG Congrats on your PC publication!

Clear and Simple Stamps said...

Super cute card Kim - those colors do look fab together! Congrats on the pub....we have that issue in the office just waiting for you to sign your page :) Awesome!

Suzanne C said...

The fishes card is way too cute! Love how the twine rolls under the fish. Congrats on your PUB!!!! WTG!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...