a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy 'Owl'Oween

Are you ready for some frighteningly cute Owls?  This new set owls2love by The {Stamps}of Life.  I had so much fun playing with this set and coloring and paper piecing this large owl.  I adore the sentiments in the set, they crack me up.

For the first card I envisioned coloring the owl like a candy corn.  I used the borders4me set to create a little background piece.


This card I really wanted to paper piece the owl, I think this is my favorite thing to do with the owl.  If you want to check out some wonderful creations with this set, check out the gallery over at The {Stamps} of Life.

Hope you all are having a wonderful Labor Day!

6 comments:

Susie said...

Adorable cards - love the design work on both.

Kim Duran said...

Oh these are just too cute!

Tina said...

hey there girl...love these 2 cards...love when you can change up a card so easily...Happy Labor Day

xo
tina

Jane Wetzel said...

these are awesome Kim- like always! gees...I LOVE candy corn...ok..I kno I should be just commenting on the cards but I HAD to tell u that too..GREAT cards!

Rose said...

Very cute owl cards!! Love the paper piecing.

Suzanne C said...

These are both so owdorable! Love how you colored the owl on the first card.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...