a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Butterfly Kisses

I had a blast with this card, it's a little out of my comfort zone, but I enjoyed creating it and really like how it turned out.

This is the current The Play Date Cafe Challenge and I love the colors this week!!!  Very cool color combination and one I think I would use again-it's a great masculine combination.  I also hadn't played in the SCS Sketch Challenge lately and loved it this week.


I knew right away I wanted to use this new set I got a few weeks ago from Our Craft Lounge called Butterfly Kisses, love all the stamps in this set and how easily they work together.


I know my ribbon is hiding the little strip a bit, but it's got the text stamp stamped on it.  

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.  We'll be spending today at the lake for a birthday party and hopefully I'll get some energy for some stamping tonight.

*******************************************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Butterfly Kisses from Our Craft Lounge
Cardstock: Party Teal Dawn, Bronze Spotlight, Dish All the Dirt Brown, Rustic White
Inks: Party Teal Dawn, Bronze Spotlight, Dish All the Dirt Brown, Copic Markers
Embellishments: Spellbinder's Nestabilities Circle Die, Webster's Pages Bloomers




6 comments:

TenSGal said...

What a pretty card...love that butterfly stamp...so detailed!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! I love those brown blossoms--and your butterfly is GORGEOUS:) Great job on the sketch and these colors! YOU ROCK:) Thanks for playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Lisa Somerville said...

Fab use of the colors and sketch - pretty butterfly!

Lori said...

This is so pretty! Love how you used the set's dandelion stamp to create your own coordinating patterned paper.

Andrea Ewen said...

Beautiful, Kim...that butterfly is utterly gorgeous and that trim...WOW! It looks fabulous on your card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely use of the colors and the sketch. Beautiful butterfly and the roses along the side are beautiful.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...