a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Monday, July 11, 2011

You Add Color to my Life


Today is a fun day for me!  My friend Sue asked a few blogger's if we'd like to play along with her for a monthly challenge.  Of course, I love a good challenge and the chance to use a variety of supplies.

Sue was our hostess this first time and she sent us everything we needed to compile our card, cardstock, ribbon, patterned paper and the image.  We all received the same supplies to create with.  Can't wait to see what everyone did with theirs.


I'm finding by looking back through all my creations that I've a very straight edged type gal.  I tend to always use squares and rectangles, but am trying to branch out and use other shapes (obviously not on this creation).

The basket of lemons image from Lockhart was a lot of fun to color with my Copic markers but of course now that I'm looking at it I'm thinking I would've had like to add some spotlighting to the image.

Check out what the other players blogs to see what they created using these same supplies:
Sue Berker- hostess

*****************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Basket of Lemons from Lockart Stamps and sentiment from Kind Words from Hero Arts
Cardstock: You're such a gray-cious host, Say Yellow to all your Fans, Kraft Like a Rockstar Green, Copic Express Blending Cardstock-White and Basic Grey Urban Prairie
Inks: copic markers
Embellishments: You're Such a Gracious Host ribbon, dimensionals

16 comments:

TenSGal said...

Love the card and the colors!
I'm a straight edged sort of gal, too...I always have to force myself to use a corner rounder every now and then! LOL!

Susie said...

Fabulous card, Kim. I love that you used the yellow as the predominant color - so bright and cheery. Great design, too. I've been trying to round my corners more, too.

Clear and Simple Stamps said...

Super cute Kim! I am more of a straight line person myself. And I am way more of a CAS, one layer stamper - so the challenge is good for me to try and step out...not sure I did that, but it was fun! Excited for next months reveal :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Love the bowl of lemons! Fun challenge Sue set up, will be interesting to see what the others created!

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Kim! Love how you high lighted the word color! Such a summery, fresh and fun card!

Stef H said...

fabulous! you're looking well and hope things are good too! ALWAYS good to see you.

hugs :)

Sue from Oregon said...

HA! I think our stamping styles are so close...straight lines type of girls! Wonderful creation...This has been so much fun!

Lynne Phelps said...

This is lovely! You know, we are so die-cut crazy that it is actually refreshing to see squares and rectangles and straight edges! Love this card, the colors are wonderful and I love the way you highlighted the sentiment.

itsallrosi said...

I've wanted these Lockhart lemons for a long time. great card, and great coloring!

Yvonne Garner said...

Great challenge! Love what everyone came up with. Thanks for sharing.

Brenda R said...

Love your card. My favorite color is yellow. I came over from Susie's blog. I look forward to seeing more of the challenge samples.

Gez Butterworth said...

Wow! What a fabulous card and a great idea too.xx

Rose Ann said...

Your challenge card is very beautiful, Kim!! I love what you've done with the ribbon!!

Kristen said...

Love this card!

Suzanne C said...

Yummy lemons and the colors are wonderful. Lovely card! Great design.

Leslie Miller said...

Hello, Kim! I came here from Sue Berker's blog so I could see what you did with your supplies. You girls are going to have so much fun with this. You made a very pretty card! I love how you concentrated on the yellow. It's such a cheery color and way underused, I think. I was always a square and rectangle kind of gal, myself, until Spellbinders came along. But, hey, I still like squares and rectangles and nice, straight lines!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...