a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Monday, July 18, 2011

Standup4Sentiments

New releases are always a fun time of the month, although I'm a bit delayed in sharing all my samples here on my blog.  I was busy this month for this release as I took all the sets that were released and had a blast creating with each one.

These cards were created with the new set standup4sentiments which I have wanted a set like this for ages and just had not found one I loved...until now.  I love the variety of sentiments in this set!

This is a picture of my kiddos from Father's Day-and I loved how it came out, so I used the phrase as my border down the side.

Scrapbook page details:
Stamps: Standup4Sentiments, Borders4Me, Lines2Journal from The{Stamps}of Life
Cardstock: Creamsicle Cardigan, Certainly Celery, Basic Grey Mellow
Inks: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Creamsicle Cardigan
Embellishments: Janome Sewing, Date stamp, Library Card, Viva Pearl Pen Cream
*********************************************************

I love the colors on this card, the greens and pinks really made me think of flowers so I pulled out the Flowers2Share set on this card, paper piecing the vase with some of the coordinating paper.

Card details:
Stamps: Standup4Sentiments, Flowers2Share  from The{Stamps}of Life
Cardstock: I'm a Princess Pink, Always Artichoke, A Blanc Check, Basic Grey Hello Luscious
Inks: Always Artichoke, copics R83, G99, YG93
Embellishments: Janome Sewing, Date stamp, Library Card, Viva Pearl Pen Cream
*********************************************************
For my last creation, I created an invitation , with no specific theme in mind.  I just knew I wanted to create one of those tri-fold cards that opens up.  For the belly band I stamped the sentiment  and then used the Back2Basics stamp with the flowers for the corners.  It's very difficult to tell but I used the Lines2Journal flower to stamp on my yellow cardstock.

For the inside I used the Lines2Journal to create the area for me to write my invitation details.


Invitation details:
Stamps: Standup4Sentiments, Back2Basics, Lines2Journal from The{Stamps}of Life
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Spring Rain, Bashful Blue, So Saffron
Inks: Night of Navy, Fresh Snow, So Saffron, Bashful BLue
Embellishments: A Blanc Check Twill Ribbon, mini jewels
************************************************** 

This is a card I created for a friend at work.  She has me make cards for her every now and then and this was for her BFF who just go engaged.  



Card details:
Stamps: Standup4Sentiments, Dictionary4Me, Princess4Life from The{Stamps}of Life
Cardstock: Trendsetter Blue, Dish All the Dirt Brown, Coral Necklace
Inks: same as cardstock
Embellishments: seam binding colored with copic, circle and scalloped circle punch

7 comments:

Susie said...

You have been a busy girl!! Wonderful work. Love the scrapbook page.

Greetings By Chera said...

OH look at you! Those kids are just too cute! Great job!

Chera

mustavcoffee, Gay Peplow said...

Hi Kim, Great photo/LO of your beautiful children and gorgeous cards:0) Thank you for your lovely comments on my card, Gay xxx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Ahhhh Kim, these are all so cute, great set, I can see why you like it so much. The photo of the kids is auesome, adorable, and growing like weeds!

stampingwithsheryl said...

Great photo of the kids--they are cute as can be. You've been busy--send some mojo my way!

Kristen said...

Man girl, you gave been rocking! I love...Love the picture of the kids, and your cards are super cute!

Suzanne C said...

Love the card with your sweet kiddos. Adorable! Great use of the vertical designs! Sweet cards.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...