a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Friend


I know some of you haven't even gotten a good dose of spring weather, but I'm ready for some summer weather.  I'm ready to go hang out on the boat with the kids and lay in the sun for a little bit.  My kids love the summer time and being outside, and ask to go out on the boat a lot.  

This card was created for the Go-to Sketches call a bit back and uses Sketch #25 which was Ryann Salamon's sketch.  I love this little sailboat and how perfect is the paper to go with it.  I pulled used some scraps of the paper pack to paper piece the boats.

Think warm weather, think warm weather!
Supplies used:
Stamps: Text Objects from Verve Stamps 
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Very Vanilla from SU, Summer Sunrise from Papertrey Ink, October Afternoon Seaside collection 
Inks: Aqua Mist from Papertrey Ink, Night of Navy from SU 
Accessories: Summer Sunrise ribbon from Papertrey Ink

8 comments:

Becky Dunham said...

This card is so fabulous! i love that background paper - gotta get me some. i am ready to go lounge on your boat too :) We are barely getting into the 60s if we are lucky and then we go back to the 40s so spring is struggling here. Thanks for sharing this sweet creation!

Lisa Somerville said...

How sweet is this! Love the October Afternoon paper with the sailboats! I can't wait for it to warm up, we dipped below 40 last night!

Gez Butterworth said...

What a beautiful card :) Love the back paper & what a brilliant sentiment!
Have fun on your boat. I so miss ours & being near the water it's always relaxing.

Danni said...

Fabulous card with fun papers!

Jane Wetzel said...

hi Kim..love that little girl in the sand and this lo is really nice..hmmm..mite hav to try it on ! :)

Renee said...

This is such a lovely card! I like the theme, too! Oh, and I scrolled down to see your other creations and they are really pretty. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks, too, for visiting my blog; I really appreciate your very thoughtful comments. Have a great day!!

Susie said...

What a sweet, sweet card. I'm almost getting cranky over the cold weather. :0) Serious.

Suzanne C said...

So Sweet! Love the sailboats and the papers are perfect!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...