a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, January 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Banner Card

I was so excited to stamp a few times over the weekend!  I always enjoy being able to sit down and stamp for a few hours uninterrupted (not that I don't enjoy stamping with my little girl) but I also enjoy stamping alone.  I had a few projects I needed to work on as well as some challenges I really wanted to play in.

The stamp set I was working with this was the new release from The{Stamps}of Life, Words2Color.  I love how large these sentiments are and how easy they were to color.  They have released a few more cool sets as well which I will be sharing throughout the month.

The first was definitely a CHALLENGE.  The inspiration photo looks gorgeous but trying to get it onto paper was another thing.  I had an idea of what I wanted to do on my card, so just implementing the color challenge into it.  The colors I used on my first card were from The Playdate Cafe Challenge.




Card details:
Stamps: Words2Color and Banners4All from The{Stamps}of Life
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Whisper White
Inks: Dare to be a Diva Red, Haute Red Couture, I'm a Princess Pink
Accessories: Prima Flowers, Copic R20

My second card was also a color challenge for CR84FN.  This was an EASY color challenge for me, one that I frequently used and I had the perfect card in mind.


It was an afterthought to use the little swirl trio on the set to create a border on my circle, I really like how it turned out.  I used the clear sakura stardust pen to color in the letters and highlight the swirls.

Hope you enjoyed the cards using the new set and can't wait to show you what else I created.

Card Details:
Stamps: Words2Color and Sweet4Babies from The {Stamps}of Life
Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, Chocolate Chip, My Minds Eye Tickled Pink
Inks: Dish all the Dirt Brown, Berry Sorbet
Accessories: Clear sakura Stardust, circle and pinking nestabilities

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...