a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Monday, December 13, 2010

Love you to the Core


Happy Monday!  It wasn't too happy here this morning, grumpy kids=grumpy Mom, cold weather, canceled appointment I've had for about 2 months now, did I mention the cold weather?  I think it was 22 when I took the kiddo down to the bus stop this morning, there is a little snow on the ground, but not much.  The wind is what's making it FREEZING outside!

I love the new Icons & Icons Extras set this month from Clear & Simple Stamps.  They are both a versatile set that can be used any time of the year.  I created this with Valentine's in mind, even though we are still a little ways off it will creep up on us and that's a special day here with it being my hubby's birthday.


After I look at my creation I think I'm going to go back to it and add some Crystal Lacquer to the apple, it might be the perfect finish to it. 

Sorry so short today, have a lot of work to do before I have to head up and help out at my son's school for a few hours so the kids can shop for their siblings, parents & other family.  I had scheduled off 1/2 day to take him to the appt. that was canceled so maybe I'll be able to squeeze in a card this afternoon.

Card details:
Stamps: Icons I & Icons Extra from Clear & Simple Stamps
Cardstock: Dare to be a Diva Red, I'm a Princess Pink, A Blanc Check, Bo Bunny Crush Collection
Inks: Dare to be a Diva Red
Embellishments: Dare to be a Diva Red ribbon, black twine

5 comments:

Susie said...

Love the card. It's 3 degrees here this morning - and lots of snow.

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute Kim, wonderful monochromatic card! We've warmed up to 9 degrees, and the wind has finally stopped! Hope you have a better day!

Lorie said...

Oh, I do love your card Kim! Adding some glaze would be super cute too though! Hope you have a warmer day than morning! :)

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great cas, and a busy mom who donates time, wow!

Lori said...

This is so sweet, Kim! Love the monochromatic color scheme.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...