a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hope Your Day is a Hit!

This card was for a one-on-one swap for one of the yahoo groups I belong to.  It was to have a Father's Day theme and I knew my partner Toni was going to give it to her Father who likes baseball.  I have a TON of sports sets, but NONE of baseball believe it or not.  This was one that I did find though and tried to work it to fit the theme.

I used this Stampendous Changito with the B-day Hit sentiment.  I eliminated the B-day and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to work the sentiment to fit the card.  I used some scrap paper from my stash along with the OCL17 sketch.  I added some Crystal Effects to make the bubble a bit shiny and wanted to add a masculine embellishment so I went for a button with twin in he corner.  I did stamp the inside with Happy Father's Day as well but forgot to snap a photo of the inside.

Thanks for visiting my blog today and hopefully I'll be back to a normal posting schedule soon.  I miss my stamping!!!!

8 comments:

Lorie said...

What a super cute and perfect card!

Nicki (CSS) said...

How cute is this Kim! I love that he is blowing a bubble :) too cute!

Kaz said...

I love this card Kim. It's fab xx

Tammylee said...

Very cute Kim, I forget that I could fold that way for a card

Lisa Summerhays said...

Cute! I bet she and her father loved it!!

Craft Paper said...

This is a great card. I love that Changito and polka dot DP!!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, the CE on the bubble is a great accent!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Yikes, how did I miss this one? I just luv it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...