a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Monday, May 31, 2010

Sketch Plus 3



Joanne B. is having a big celebration over on her blog for over half a million hits on her blog and she issued a challenge for some goodies.  I've always loved Joanne's style and her challenges so of course I had to sit down and do her challenge.

She issued us to use the sketch above as well as 3 of the following elements to include on your project:
  • gingham
  • text printed papers**
  • ledger paper
  • twill
  • kraft paper**
  • denim
  • stitching**
  • bling
  • paper piecing
I received Wonderland Collage by Artistic Outpost from Gerrie Johnnic and hadn't inked it up yet, so thought tonight was a good time.  I originally was going to combine it with the Oh, Alice challenge this week and then completely forgot to do any swirls on it.  Oh well!

You probably can't tell from the photo (doesn't help that one of my lights burnt out & I can't figure out how to replace it) by the crown has gold stickles on it.  I stamped the crown image all over my text paper, stitched the bottom of the bashful blue cardstock & added the little sentiment right near the bottom of it.

Hope you have a safe Memorial Day and make sure to thank a Veteran not only tomorrow, but every day!

4 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute! Wonderful coloring - don't forget to enter it at the Artistic Outpost Blog www.artisticoutpost.blogspot.com for the Monthly Referral contest.

Becky Carafa said...

Love it, so cute!

Kristen said...

I freakin love this card....Love it!!!!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

This totally ROCKZ! Luv the newzprint behind it, I will definetly case that one! enter and win GF....

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...