a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Caardvarks Circle Card Challenge




This week the challenge over at Caardvarks is to make a circle card. Oh, how challenged I was. I had this cute idea to use the Snowglobe tutorial on SCS this week from my buddy Libby. Then I thought maybe that wouldn't qualify as a circle so decided to go along the lines of the snowglobe looking theme.

Although this took me a little while to complete, I love how it turned out. The acetate and dazzling diamonds make the perfect snow to showcase the little snowman from the Winter set from Clear & Simple Stamps being released 11/15/09. I used the color challenge for SCS this week which was neutrals with a POP.

Would love for you to join Caardvarks, Clear & Simple Stamps and myself in making a circle card. Link it to Caardvarks when it's complete so we can check out your creativity and for a chance to win a $15 gift certificate to the Clear & Simple Stamps store.


Card details:

Stamp Set: Winter from Clear & Simple Stamps to be released 11/15/09
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select, Acetate, Basic Black, Raspberry Fizz
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics YR04, RV04, C1, C4, Raspberry Fizz
Embellishments: Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Crystal Effects, Scalloped circle punch, nestabilities circle & scalloped circle, round tab punch

14 comments:

Neva said...

OMGosh Kim I was just telling Shannon I had not done a shaker card in awhile and needed to do one for Christmas.

Amy said...

What a cute card!! I like the way you made it into a shaker card and that snowman image is so cute. Very nic!!

Eva said...

OMG!!!!! This is just too adorable!!! Love it!!!

Maria Levine said...

Fabulous job! Love the shaker card!

Sue-ann said...

This is just so cute.... I love that snow!!

rae said...

this is the cutest thing EVER!! I totally want to give this a try, thanks for the inspiration!!

Summerthyme Studio said...

Love this card too! Adorable!

Lori said...

This is the cutest thing! Love it!

Tanis said...

SO SWEET Kim!! LOVE that little snowman :) I have yet to try a shaker card! Those things scare me. You did a beautiful job!!

dstandard said...

Such a cute card!

Peet said...

So sweet!!! Adorable card!

Steph Zerbe said...

So adorable!!

Jenn said...

Very unique idea. Turned out awesome!!

Jennifer
http://paperthisandthat.blogspot.com

Diana said...

Very nice!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...