a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Etsy Inspired Card

This week the challenge issued on one of my yahoo groups was to pick out an inspiration piece at this etsy store: Joom I loved all the pieces in this store but had a hard time picking out a Stampin' Up! set that would work well with it. Finally, after talking to our host Stefanie I had an idea. Well, the first idea didn't work, I got frustrated and scrapped it (I have since gotten the inspiration I needed to finish it so that will be later).

I decided to draw from the colors in this gorgeous pillow. I absolutely LOVE these colors together!!! Hoping my partner likes this card.

I did do some paper piercing in the top right corner but it was hard to photo. I also finally got my bow tying down using the twine that I have seen on so many blogs lately and admired how well it looked on the card.

Card details:
Stamp set: Baroque Motifs, Simply Said
Cardstock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
Inks: Same as above
Accesories: Rhinestone Ice circle Brads, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, dog tag punch, twine, Chocolate Ribbon

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

It looks gorgeous Kim! You did a great job on the challenge! Of course, I took the easy way out and used a PTI set...

Vicki G said...

Kim, this is so elegant! I love it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...