a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Color Challenge by Libby/Use It Challenge #3

Last night I was stumped with colors to use. I've been in a stamping rut, always in a sketch rut and last night was in a color rut. My friend Libby threw out the challenge to use Real Red, Chocolate Chip and Eggplant Envy. I mean, really Libby????

Well, being that it was a challenge, I decided to go with it. And Libby decided to give her color scheme a try to so make sure to check hers out as well. I struggled for hours, literally staying up until well after midnight (late for me) trying to finish this. I came oh so close before giving up and calling it a night, hoping to finish the last touch this morning.

I also decided to combine this with Use It Challenge #3 issued by Heidi Van Laar:


***USE IT! challenge no.3***
***
So my challenge is all about digging deep into that stash!
***
- Use some eyelets. (I only used one)
***
-Use something more that 1 year old.(Au Chocolate paper & primas)
***
- And just for fun, use something with polka dots! (Eggplant strip with cuttlebug embossing folder Swiss Dots)

I pulled out some old Au Chocolate Designer Paper and brayered some real red and eggplant envy on it. I wasn't thrilled with it, but after looking at it, I was going to make it work. My little Quasimoto from Stampotique was colored using my Aquapainter and reinkers. Every time I see this little image I imagine him/her as a little seed sprouting from dirt with the little leaves on his/her head so I decided that was how I was going to color it this time.

I forgot how much fun I used to have using eyelets. I have SO many of them, and need to use them up. I really liked how the primas looked with the eyelet in the middle versus my normal use of a brad there. I even did the inside a little using another one of my favorites from Stampotique- Well, la de frickin da!

Can't wait to see what Libby comes up with using this god awful color combination which just kept on reminding me of the Red Hat Society!!! And if you want to join in with us, please do! We'd love to see what you create using this color combination or the Use It! Challenge.

Card details:
Stamps: Stampotique
Cardstock: Brown unknown, Au Chocolat designer paper, Real Red, Eggplant Envy, PTI White
Inks: same as cardstock
Accessories: square & scallop nestabilities, primas, metallic eyelets, brayer, aquapainter

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a FABULOUS card Kim! Way to use that stash ;)
Thank you SO much for playing along with this week's Use It! challenge :)
~rae

Unknown said...

This is both adorable and fun! You even made the colors work together!

Libby Hickson said...

Your card is SO CUTE - I really love how it turned out!! And that image - soooooo sweet! Man I am feeling a need to place a huge Stampotique order now, argh!! Thanks for taking me up on my silly challenge yesterday, sorry it gave you such headaches. hee hee

Kelly said...

Very cute card and I love the flowers- I am so back into using flowers on my cards! Why did I ever stop?

Kerry D-C said...

Fun card! you and those Stampotique images...LOL!

Rosanne said...

Very cute card!

Patti said...

I'm giggling!! Very fun card!! : ) way to "use it"!!

Patti

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...