a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day/Birthday Honey!

I went crazy the other night, stayed up until after midnight AND stamped some Valentine's cards. My girlfriend had given me a few Valentine's kits that she had from when she worked at at stamp/scrapbook store and I decided to put them to use. I make about 5-6 cards with some leftover scra
ps. I'll just share a few.

This one is one of my favorites using Eastern Blooms. I was so frusterated with my sewing and screwed up, hence the flowers covering my screw up on the right hand side of the card. I used the SCS SC215 for this card, although I made it longer that it's supposed to be. Lots of layers and vibrant colors with some liquid pearls on the inside of the flower.

Here's another I like a lot, using Julee's Mojo Monday Sketch#73. I used the Bodacious Bouquet set with So Many Sayings. The charm in the right was sewn on by hand and I put a piece of red cardstock behind it instead of leaving it open.

A few more pretty simple ones I created, easy to put together.

Have to give a big SHOUT OUT to my hubby. Today is his birthday!!!

Enjoy the cards and hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Cards use Bo Bunny Heart Throb strop, Heart Throb, Sweet Nothings, Forget me Knots, Heart Attack and Bazzill Raven, White and Black.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...