a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Happy Holidays!


HAPPY HOLIDAYS!


This year I decided last minute to make my own Christmas cards after seeing an awesome sample by Heather Nichols. I chose to change a few minor things about the cards, and inside instead of a gift card, I included a picture of our kids in the pocket like hers.


I completed 78 of these cards in a matter of days and found it to be therapeutic to complete them at all. That's what I get when I buy Christmas cards for the following year on clearance only to open up the package and see they say "Happy Holidays 2007" on them. Good thing I bought them 1. on clearance, 2. could use the envelopes for these cards.


I used up old retired papers as I had some fabulous papers laying around. This paper was from a CTMH kit. The stamps I used were from Stipple Celebrations and Best Yet from Stampin'Up! I accented it with a strip of ribbon and used my scallop and circle punch for the image.


Hope you all have a wonderful, safe, happy holiday! Is this not the most realistic Santa you have ever seen??? And could my little one be any more unhappy about having to sit on his lap?


3 comments:

Kerry D-C said...

Great card Kim!! I am still laughing that you bought cards that said 2007 on them! Too Funny! Screaming or not, your kids are beautiful!

Loni said...

Love the pic of of the kids and Santa, though the youngest doesn't look very happy about the whole thing.

Loni said...

Here's so you don't feel so bad with your youngest not being so happy

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/12/12/scared.of.santa/index.html#cnnSTCPhoto

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...